Friday, May 04, 2007

Shhh - Don't Tell Anyone!!


I went shopping with my wife this evening and midway during the shopping I had a need to find a restroom. We were in a familiar department store and I thought I knew where the restrooms were. I typically have used the restroom on the 1st floor of the department store, and we were on the 2nd floor, so I had to hunt around a bit. I found the restroom and went in to do my business.

As I went in the door my first thought was, "Where are the urinals?" My second thought was, "This is a pretty nice men's Room with a sitting area and large mirrors..." Then my 3rd thought hit me, "I don't think this is the men's room."

I turned around and left and as I opened the door I saw the sign on the other side of the hall...Men's Room. The architect had "reversed" the location from the 1st floor - Oh well - I was fortunate that there was no one in the ladies room, so no one knows...shhhhh.

As long as I'm talking about "restrooms" I need to relate a story about my mother. She was visiting with us when we lived in New Orleans, and while we were at the airport picking them up she had to use the restroom after her long flight from Iowa. She came out of the restroom and announced (so all could hear within a 100 yard radius), "George, you have to go to the bathroom, it does everything for you; the toilet flushes by itself, the water starts all by itself, and the hand dryer starts all by itself. All you have to do is your business. Come try it"


She really enjoyed that restroom and talked about it for days...

No comments: